The term ‘Network like a Jedi’ was said at a workshop and I thought that’s fantastic and just about sums it all up and I wish I had thought of it.
Anyway the purpose of this post is to share with you some of the things I think are important when using these fantastic platforms and even though some of the points are old ones they are, none the less good ones that bare repeating.
- Create a killer profile and remember its not a CV but what you want to do now and in the future and remember to add a photo, yes it is important
- Remember that you are talking to real people with real feelings
- Use the people search to find who you are looking for colleagues, past and present, in fact anyone you can think of that can help you and your business
- Build your network with people of similar interests and goals
- Recommend and ask for recommendations.
- Your profile is key so think about it
- Be cautious on who you follow and think about the reasons you are
- Download Tweetdeck, you won’t be able to do without it
- One of the quickest ways to get your business and its products or services out there
- Perfect for customer service
- A great tool for finding out what clients and associates do for pleasure
- Great to use as an ice breaker before a meeting, “how was the skiing trip” etc
- Fill out your profile completely to earn trust.
- Create a business account if you don’t already have one.
- Post business updates on your wall. Focus on business activities, such as “Working with Widgets Company on new web site redesign.”
Here’s to the next round and let me know how you use the 'big three'?
photo credit: Stella Dauer