Wednesday 13 January 2010

Is it just me...?


Now it isn't very often I have a rant but I feel the need today. I got into the office this morning with the sole intention of going through my presentation notes for Friday's workshop, so I switched off the annoying sound that my phone makes when an email arrives, you just have to look don’t you? But even after making the office sound proof all I have had is a constant flow of automated phone calls trying to sell me everything from webspace to a gold plated pen if I sign up for something or other.

It really gets my goat that these people are no respecters of privacy at all. I have been known, on occasion, to humour one of the guys on the other end of the phone, as my daughter did a similar thing as she was going through university, she told me how hard and soul destroying it can be to have the phone put down on them. But it isn’t even a person on the end of the phone that I can have a conversation with its an annoying drone.

Wouldn’t it be much better to maybe send an email, that way I can quickly add it to my junk folder. Surprise, surprise I have a business so I know what a nightmare marketing can be and how difficult it can also be to get your message across, but this just leaves me cold and I am sure I am not alone in this.

Right there’s my rant for the year…hopefully! Now back to work.

Let me know if this irritates you too and other guerrilla tactics that are being used to try and grab our attention.

photo credit: oneofsomany

No comments:

Post a Comment