Monday 8 March 2010

Goals and why we should set them.

I was thinking the other day about some of the goals I had set myself last year and if I had actually met any of them? Well some I did and some I didn’t but hey you can’t get too down if they all don’t come through, the thing to remember is if you don’t set any you will just wander along life’s path with no real direction or purpose, pretty heavy stuff I know but true none the less.
I generally make four or five goals and then write them down and stick them on the fridge or copy them and pin them up in the office but this time I decided to make a desktop wallpaper for all my computers, home and office so I would see them every day without fail.
I find if they are in full view then it’s a constant reminder of why I do what I do, don’t get me wrong I love what I do but like any job, profession or vocation we have to be careful that we don’t become too bogged down with the ‘detail’ and forget why we love what we do.
So have a think about the goals you can set for yourself such as:
•    Be happy
•    More money
•    Holidays
•    Help people

The list is endless but the point is it has to be your list and what’s important to you, nobody else’s.

Let me know how you get on?

photo credit: KMiDigital - The picture is an example for you to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment