Monday 2 November 2009

Do you know where you're headed?...part two

If you had the choice or chance would you change anything? If you could go back to the very beginning and start again would you? I ask this question because as business people we like to reshape and progress things as much as we possibly can, always looking for new things and avenues to explore.

After watching an old program about Peter Jones, from Dragon's Den, last night it suddenly struck me that we reinvent ourselves regularly to survive and stay ahead of the game and this can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. Personally I thing it's a great thing and I try to look at the business at least once a quarter, maybe even sooner if I get the chance, and decide if its headed in the right direction. Watching Peter Jones I get the feeling that he likes a challenge and to experiment in new things, now this might be ok when you are a millionaire but what about the rest of us, well it doesn't cost anything to look at the business and its direction every once in a while.

I would urge you to take a little time out of your schedule and write down where you are and where you would like to be, it might just help you realise which path you are on and is it the right one for you and your business.

photo credit: д§mд

No comments:

Post a Comment